New Series of Marae DIY launched

Marae DIY
Marae DIY Team
A new series of of Marae DIY has started on Maori Television playing Wednesdays, at 8.30pm.

There are some truly magic moments in this series that promise to be a worthwhile watch.

Look out for some of firsts – the first South Island DIY, the first three (not four) day DIY and for the first time ever, they’ll give you a little insight into all the crazy stuff (that they generally don’t want you to see) that goes on pulling this extraordinary kaupapa together in the “Behind the Scenes” episode which also revisits some of the 31 marae worked on over the past four years.

Waipapa Marae – Kawhia (29 Aug)
Tarimano Marae – Rotorua (5 Sept)
Omaha Marae – Leigh (12 Sept)
Toroanui Marae – Parihaka (19 Sept)
Otakou Marae – Dunedin (26 Sept)
Manurewa Marae – Manukau (3 Oct)
Behind the Scenes (10 Oct)

Comments

1. riki-jean carter says:

kia ora my name is riki-jean caretr,
    `i come from a small town at the top of the south called picton.
    my daughter natasha anahera 2, has just started attending waikawa te kohangareo.in waikawa,picton
    the fees a realy low and all the whanau that are involved in the marea have realy just let it go down hill.
    as for the kohanga it has only 5 kids and strugling to stay open i try my best to help out where i can cleaning,cooking,ect.
    but as for the kids they dont have much in the way of toys and things ther has beeen some inprovements over the years but with all the different people coming and going and taking thing that belong to waikawa te kohangareo kids,
    it’s the kids that are missing out.
    our kohanga has just had it’s 25 anaversery i have been told it is the oldest in the south island.and it realy looks like the oldest too!!!

please can you help the kids of waikawa

2. kahu morunga says:

Please tell me what is the criteria for the DIY Marae makeover.
    Kia ora

3. Tina Thompson says:

Kia Ora,
    My name is Tina Thompson I’am 29 years old and from Taranaki, my marae is Tawhittinui a little marae in Otakeho, just west out of Manaia, the marae is so needing some major work on it and we just don’t know where to start. So can you please please please please please please………….
    help us fix our marae.
    How do we go about appyling for Marae DIY!!!!!

Arohanui
    Tina Thompson

4. Gae Desson says:

Kia Ora
    Could you please tell me when you will screen the Putunga Marae in Kaeo further north?

Thanks, Gae

5. Genevieve Manaia says:

Ki Ora my name is Genevieve Manaia and come from Taranaki my marae is Ketemarae on Mountain Rd Normanby. My marae is needing some major work and landscaping done to it and would like to know how to apply to DIY Marae makeover as we don’t know where to start. What is the criterior to apply and be accepted for this Please can you help us fix our marae. Thanks Genevieve

• Tania Robinsn says:

Kia Ora my name is Tania Robinsn and i have whanau back from the naki too Robinsn’s and Ngatai’s and so on my marae is Ketemarae too and i agree it needs some major mahi done out there it would be primo to see a DIY done out there hope to here more and get the ball rolling.
      Thanks
      Tania

6. Nancy Keepa says:

Kia ora,
    My name is Nancy Keepa, I live at Te Kaha on the lovely East Coast. I am just making an enquiry if the team are going to have another term of Marae DIY rescue and if so how can I make an application. One of our marae is in the process of organising a centennial and the marae is in great need of repair. We are just a small community with a huge heart, we are limited with certain resources and as you can imagine we tend to exhaust our people and local resources. I look forward to hearing from you.

7. KELLY SELWYN says:

TENA KORUA
    KO NGAPUKEHUIA RAU KO NGAPUKEHAUA NGA MAUNGA
    KO TE PITII TE MARAE
    KO TE KARAKIA TE AWA
    KO NGAPUHI NUI TONU IWI
    NO OMANAIA AHAU.
    PLEASE , HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT IN APPLYING FOR MY MARAE TO GET A MAKE OVER?

8. kayla robin says:

KIA ORA ,My name is kayla robin and i am 17 years old.I am from hastings.My marae is Runanga Marae and we really need help to rebuild our marae as it has fallen down. And we have alot of trouble fundraising for it.My father is buried next to our marae and i would like to do something for him that will make him proud.so marae DIY please help me…..

9. Request an application by emailing maraediy@screentime.co.nz
    Ask for an application, and, six months later, whakamiharo! You have a tu meke marae,
    Or even better, you can download an application form from http://www.screentime.co.nz Just look in the Marae DIY section.

Good luck, nga mihi,

Marcus Palmer

10. robert an debbie. bissett waho says:

kia ora.i would like to say great work @our D I Y in karioi.looks really kool.cheers alot to you an the crew.

11. Metiria Rameka says:

Kia ora Marae DIY,

Ko Tongariro te maunga
    Ko Taupo nui atia te moana
    Ko Tuwharetoa toku iwi
    Ko te Kapa o Te Rangiita ki Oruanui toku marae

We have been struggling to do our marae up for a number of years and beleive me it really needs a miracle to give it a great FACE LIFT. It just makes me want to cry when I go out there in the country out of Taupo and see its state so, PLEASE HELP US! make my day.

Naku noa

Metiria Rameka

12. Hapu – Ngati Paruaharanui ~~~~ Iwi – Ngati Pikiao
    Whare nui – Paruaharanui ~~~~ Whare kai – Waiwaha

Ka tuku tono atu ahau ki a koutou i runga i te aroha ki to m?tou marae. He nui taku wawata ki te whakah?u i a Paruaharanui me t?na hoa manaaki a Waiwaha me te whare tipu o ng? uri a Tumatahi.
    K?tahi kua heke t?ku whaea ki a Hine-nui-te-po – he mahi t?nei ma wana uri te whai atu, he iwaihotanga ki te wh?nau.
    Mehemea ka taea e koutou te awhi mai – nunui te mihi, nunui hoki te harikoa.

Naku iti nei
    TeMaari

13. May Niha says:

Kia Ora Ko May Niha toku ingoa.
    I just wanted to know what the criteria is to be able to get DIY for our Marae. we are in real need of help and not financially able to do up our Marae which is Tau Henare. in Te Horo Pipiwai. North Island
    would really appreciate the help
    Kia Ora

14. Horomoana Herewini says:

tena koutou nga kai whaka haere tenei kaupapa a diy marae.
    Te wawata ke haere mai koutou kite titiro ake to matou marae.
    to matou marae,ko Whitiro Marae, Ko Tetinorangatiratanga te whare tupuna.
    Ko ngatirehia te hapu.
    Ngapuhi hoki te iwi.

15. Katie Paraha says:

I am writing on behalf of my husbands family their marae is in Te Hapua and it’s a mess. It looks like it’s about to fall apart or collapse at any time. The only whanau left up there are the kaumatua’s and queers. I would like to know how to apply for help as my inlaws are very proud people especially the old people. Could you please email me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

16. Jacinta Pelasio says:

Malo Ni, I am writing on behalf of Mataatua Marae in Rotorua. They really need help with getting the marae back in order. I’m not Maori I am Tokelauan/ Samoan and over the last 30 – 40 years this marae has been there for our pacific community, so I want to help them out. So can you please let me know how I can apply please.

Thanks heaps
    Jacinta Pelasio (Filipo)

17. alex says:

kia ora, e takeo ana au ki te whakaoti te kainga tuturu i te taha o toku whaea. Ko Vera Nuri, tona ingoa. ko te ingoa Nuri, mai i te taha o tona matua.He Punn Jabbi ia. Ko te ingoa matua, i te taha o tona whaea ko Hurae. Kei te mohio au te ingoa o te maunga,awa,waka,marae,kaore au i te tino mohio te ingoa o te wharetupuna,me hapu hoki. Arohamai, Ko Oranui te ingoa o te marae. Tena ra koe e te whanau?

18. Maisie Cherrington says:

kia ora my name is Maisie Cherrington my marae is Te Rapunga it is one of the oldest marae’s in the Ngatihine rohe. our whare kai and the ablution block are in a terrible state and for years there has been nothing done. In the whare kai they have put up some poles to hold up the roof from the inside. It has been condemned but it is still being used. The toilets are in a state that you don’t want to use them. We would really appreciate it if you would be able give our marae a real good make over.

19. Gloria Rei says:

Kia ora my name is Gloria Rei, my marae is Ketemarae on Mountain Rd
    Normanby, Taranaki… I was sooooooo devastated last year we stayed on the Marae for an unveiling… the very next morning we were forced to move across the road as we had no water, and froze, we had no heating??? Don’t know how or where to start… please help!
    much appreciated, kia ora

20. Wiremu Grace says:

KIA ORA DIY I AM FROM THE EAST COAST. MY NAME IS WIREMU GRACE OUR MAUNGA IS HIKURANGI OUR AWA IS WAIAPU AN OUR TRIBE IS NGATI POROU. AN OUR MARAE IS RUATAUPARE.I LIVE IN GISBORNE CITY NAMELY G. TOWN. I RECENTLY WENT BACK TO OUR MARAE FOR A SPIRITAUL AWAKEN AN FOUND OUT THAT THE PLACE .NEEDED ALOT OF MAHI AS I HAV.NT VISITED FOR A VERY LONG TIME. ITS SAD TO SEE THESE TAONGA S BEEN LEFT OUT IN THE COLD.SO THEIRFORE I AM INQUIRING INREGARDS TO HOW CAN WE KEEP OUR TAONGA.S FOR OUR WHANAU AN THEIR GENERATION IF WE DONT LOOK AFTER THIS ONE FIRST. DIY PLEASE CUM AN INSTILL WHAKAWHANAUGATANGA BACK IN US.SO HOW DO WE APPLY