WotWots Children's TV Show set to launch on TV2

From the creative minds of the Academy Award winning Weta Workshop comes the WotWots, a stunning new television series for preschoolers.
Set to delight audiences around the world in 2009, TVNZ will launch this much anticipated program in its primetime kids slot on TV2, Monday 23rd March at 8.50am, screening weekdays.
To celebrate the arrival of the WotWots, Wellington Zoo will host an official launch on the 22nd March 2009, including a WotWots fun day and media event. The fun day will include exclusive preview screenings, visits from SpottyWot and DottyWot, treasure hunts, face painting, plus many more fun wotified activities.
Filmed at Wellington and Auckland Zoos, this homegrown sensation follows the adventures of two adorable siblings from outer space, SpottyWot and DottyWot. These delightful creatures come to explore planet earth in their steam-powered spaceship and land themselves in the middle of a zoo. This inquisitive and energetic brother and sister duo delight in discovering all the exotic animals at the zoo as they scoot around in their hover-chairs.
The WotWots is produced by Pukeko Pictures and made at Richard Taylor’s Weta Workshop. Pukeko Pictures is a new business partnership between Academy Award winner Richard Taylor, the co-founder and creative lead of Weta Workshop, and internationally acclaimed author, illustrator and children’s television creator/producer, Martin Baynton. Taylor and Baynton previously teamed up to create the highly acclaimed award winning children’s program, Jane and the Dragon.
Richard Taylor, co-founder of Weta Workshop, said “After a career of helping bring unique characters to the movie screen, such as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong, it is now very exciting for us to bring that same focus and challenge to creating endearing and unique characters to preschoolers. In collaboration with TVNZ we can’t wait to bring the WotWots to kids nationwide, and we are thrilled to host the worldwide launch of the WotWots right here in our own city of Wellington, New Zealand next month. We have a fantastic day at the Wellington Zoo planned where the WotWots will make their stage and screen debut.”
This innovative 52 x 10 minute series is fast becoming a global preschool brand with broadcast deals already secured for the United Kingdom, Australia, Finland and many more coming on board in 2009.
The WotWots are off to a flying start, with an exciting educational website www.abc.net.au/wotwots (active from March 9) and a range of beautiful toys, DVD’s and books launching later this year.

Comments

1. tjnaya says:

hi im tjnaya and its sayed like this t_naya just for your information
    i would love to visit the wotwot one day i love them and i love spottywot and dottywot so so much can i visit them one day

2. reid says:

where and when can i get a wot wot plush toy or puppet?

3. jo shaw says:

my wee cap loves this program and was wondering if there was a down laod of colouring in picture cte we could print off
    thanks jo

4. Catherine says:

Wow, thanks for such an awesome show! It’s so great to see quality shows being made here in NZ for kiwi kids. This show is a big hit with my nearly three year old; who has now decided she’s called Spotty Wot Wot.

5. Tyler says:

My name is Tyler and I am 4. I want a Wot Wot toy, but mummy can’t find one. I love the Wot Wots!.

6. Del says:

Reid and Tyler.
    My daugher loves the Wotwots too, according to http://www.licensemag.com/licensemag/Entertainment/Weta-Wows-with-WotWots/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/584822 – 72k
    plushies and playsets will be released in September this year. Looks like we have a little wait ahead of us.

7. Kerry, Kane and Noah says:

Hi there, our little boy Noah is 15months and loves the wot wots, we watch it all together as a family and think its brilliant and very cleaver. Thank you so much Weta.

8. Millie says:

Hi, my name is Millie & I am almost 2. I would love a Wotwot toy for my birthday, but I have to wait. My daddy flys me around on my own ‘Wotwot’chair, it’s so much fun. I can sit & watch spotty & dotty all day if my mum would let me.

9. claire says:

I would love to know where and when i can buy the series, my 14 month old son loves the show. Any information would be great

10. Christina says:

hi there my 2 and a half year gets so over excited about seeing the wot wots every day and has not only started saying things like “notty wot” “awww wotty” and other sayings he is talking wot wots in his sleep as well!!what a great programme and hope to see more of the wot wots in the future!!

11. Sharon Moore says:

My 17 month old daughter, husband and I love the Wotwots. How soon can we buy toys, games etc in the UK? I want all of them and am sure my LO would love them too. Everytime she picks up the remote she points it at the TV say W0-wo! Thanks for an amazingly funny show. I watch it first thing in the morning to set me up for the day.
    Love it. Thanks,
    Sharon & Imogen (oh and daddy)

12. Lesley says:

Hello WotWots fans!
    First up a declaration; I represent Playskool and Hasbro, who have developed the WotWots toy range in conjunction with Weta Workshop and Pukeko Pictures, makers of the WotWots television series. I’m posting a quick note to let you know that the WotWots toys will be available in New Zealand on Wednesday 2 September. They are absolutely delightful, as you would expect! You’ll be able to find them at all major toy retailers.

13. Karen Stephens says:

Hi i just pre ordered mt 2 toys cant wait will make a great xmas present thanks

14. Jo Edwards says:

My son, Jack, loves the wotwots but we are in the uk and were wondering if DVD’s and toys would be available over here soon.
    many thx Jo xx

15. hi im kiana

16. judi says:

hi thank you for a great dvd and toys , i love the show .I am a granny to 9 month old sophie and we watch the dvd together. will be buying more for christmas thank u again for a great show .

17. jessie says:

my baby brother loves the wotwots espeshile spotywot